Sentences imposed by Judge Emma Smith in the Alexandra District Court last week were:
* Luke James Thomson (26), of Queenstown, building apprentice, drink-driving (94mg), McNulty Rd, Cromwell, June 3, fined $80, medical expenses $156.99, court costs $130, disqualified six months.
* Dillon James Cavanagh (30), orchard worker, of Alexandra, disorderly behaviour, Bantry St, February 19, Alexandra, 40 hours’ community work, court costs $130.
* Jeremy Ivan Sutton (38), painter, of Te Anau, possessing an offensive weapon, threatening behaviour, March 13, Roxburgh, sentence deferred nine months, court costs $130.
* Dwayne Evan Valentine (42), labourer, of Roxburgh, aggravated drink-driving (480mcg), Bannockburn Rd, Cromwell, January 28, seven months’ home detention, 100 hours’ community work, court costs $130, disqualified 28 days, zero-alcohol licence provisions.
* Alan Robin Parker (56), of Roxburgh East, strangulation, December 23, Roxburgh, nine months’ supervision, 100 hours’ community work, court costs $130.